Measurement Instructions World Championship Scarlino
Dear sailors, the sailing season has already started and so are also the preparations for the measurement for the WC. We expect a lot of boats coming over to the beautiful scenery of Scarlino. Please read the following instructions for the measurement.
- All boats, equipment and sails must be presented for IFDCO registration, inspection and measurement. Please sign up on the notice board in the measurement area.
- Measurement will be in the measurement tent.
- Measurement times:
Friday 22 September 10:00 – 18:00 hrs
Saturday 23 September 09:00 – 18:00 hrs
Sunday 24 September 09:00 – 16:00 hrs
- Measuring will be in sequence of entry on the measurement inspection signup sheet.
Competitors are invited to enter their sail number, bow number and name on the sheet posted near the measurement desk.
- In order to stream line initial registration, competitors will be given Page One of their boat’s Regatta Inspection Form at the Club registration for the event. They should then make sure that they have filled in both the Helm and Crew’s names, ages, dates of birth, weights, heights, the boat’s number and personal sail number, by the time they arrive at the FD Regatta Inspection desk.
- It is in the interest of the competitors that measurement/regatta inspection is completed as quickly as possible, in order to have maximum time left for possible corrections. Measurement will take place in the order shown on the sheet. Competitors are advised to check the running order. Please note that boats not present on time may well slip down the list.
- Note that Rule 113, limitation of equipment, is in force for this regatta, so only 1 mainsail,
1 spinnaker, 2 Genoas, 1 mast, 1 boom, 2 spinnaker poles, 1 center board, and 1 rudder may be measured in. Sails should ALL be presented ‘Rolled’ to permit easy access to the Sail Foot.
- However, up till the end of the measurement period equipment and sails may be offered to replace items which have already passed measurement. (This will require careful timing, it may be that such things can only be accommodated at the end of inspection for that day)
- Valid Measurement Certificates with matching Measurement Form and IFDCO Membership Cards, with the proper dues sticker for both HELM and CREW, are to be shown at measurement as well as at regatta registration.
Measurement Certificates costing 50 Euros, and sail buttons can be issued on the spot.
- Boats should be presented in DRY condition, complete with ALL required gear, sails, spars, trapeze belts, lifejackets etc. with the centerboard out of the boat.
- NOTE: The boat will be weighed with centerboard and rudder out of the boat.
- Measuring will be carried out as per the FD Class Rules.
- Attention is drawn to the fact that Rule 39 specifies that it must be possible to remove sheets for weighing.
- In accordance with Class Rule 11.3 only the owner and the crew of the boat, the measurers, members of the Jury and IFDCO Measurement and Technical Committee are permitted to be present at the measurement.
- All material will be marked upon passing measurement. The skipper is required to check that all event stickers and stamps are in place and sign a statement to that effect before leaving measurement/regatta inspection.
Helmsmen are responsible that the various markings are in place when leaving measurement and remain intact and intelligible. If the markings are at any time in danger of disappearing or becoming illegible it is the responsibility of the skipper to contact the measurer for their renewal.
- Only items which are marked as per point 15 may be used during the races. Boats may be checked for equipment used at the finish of each race and/or ashore at any time.
- Any work (including painting, sanding and sewing) on or alterations to the boats and equipment after measurement must be brought to the attention of the measurers.
- Please note that anyone presenting a wet boat for inspection will not be in a position to have their boat corrector weights reduced.
Have fun and I am looking forward seeing you all on the water.