Any helm completing at least one race in a qualifying event will be included in the Euro Cup results provided that the helm (or helm substituted with the permission of a race officer) and any crew (or substituted crew) must be a fully paid up member of IFDCO unless that crew member or substituted helm only sails in one of the events making up the series.
2.0 Qualifying events
The qualifying events will be announced each year by IFDCO and shall be published on the IFDCO website at www.sailifdco.com
3.0 Notice of Race & sailing Instructions
The events will be governed by the Notices of Race and Sailing Instructions for each event.
4.0 Scoring for the FD Euro Cup
The actual points awarded for each race will carry forward to the end of the series, a DNS, RTD, DSQ, OCS and DNF will score one more than the number of boats that have registered for an event. A boat that is not registered for an event will score one more than the number of boats that have entered the series. (RRS A 9)
Ties will be broken in accordance with RRS A 8.1.
- If 34 – 40 Races are completed there will be 9 discards permissible.
- If 27 – 33 Races are completed there will be 7 discards permissible.
- If 20 – 26 Races are completed there will be 5 discards permissible.
- If 13 – 19 Races are completed there will be 3 discards permissible.
- If 12 or less Races are completed there will be no discards.
- If 2 or less events are completed then the series is void.